In case you missed the article, Yahoo recently named Sacramento one of America’s Top 10 Underrated Cities.
We couldn’t agree more.
Sacramento has so much to offer as a city, and it’s about time we were put on the map as a “must-see” destination. When visitors stay with us, they often ask for suggestions on where to go and what to do while they’re in town. Since we want you to make the most of your Sacramento experience, we’ve created a list of our favorite things to do in the area.
Based on the collaboration of passionate Sacramento-dwelling Citizen Hotel employees, here are a few recommendations for the next time you find yourself in Sactown….
2. Visit one of the amazing Downtown Restaurants: Dare we say, Grange perhaps?
3. Fill up on some Frozen Yogurt: There’s a shop on almost every corner–we take our frozen yogurt addictions very seriously.
4. Float down the River: Because when it’s 108 degrees outside, there is nothing we would rather do.
5. Check out a Rivercats game: Monday night bingo, fireworks, and more frozen yogurt–need we say more?
6. Visit the Sacramento Zoo: Say hi to the new baby tiger while you’re there (she’s our favorite).
7. Ride bikes along the American River Parkway: Because you have to burn off that frozen yogurt eventually.
8. Check out Second Saturday: Art. Food. Shopping. Go!
10. See a flick at the Crest: You’ll feel like you’re back in 1949.
12. Visit the Second Sunday Antique Fair: Find treasures by the dozen.
13. Stock up on fresh food at the Farmer’s Market: Go ahead and buy flowers for yourself too. We won’t judge.
14. Midtown Boutique Shopping: Find one-of-a-kind deals and steals at any of the popular shops in Midtown.
15. Stop by The Candy Barrel in Old Sacramento: Samples, samples, and more samples. Did we mention they give out free samples?
Obviously we could keep going, but we’re not the only Sacramento experts around here. What are your favorite things to do in Sactown? Leave us a comment and let us know–we’d love to hear from you!
Image Courtesy: www.sacramentovalleyphotos.com